Monday, August 10, 2009

Apple Crumble

Niall had been talking to Robyn about apple crumble. We decided to make some. Last term we did a lot of baking scones and this term we thought we would venture into some other sorts of baking. It is always good for us to have to work through a process to get something done. This teaches us about the many steps involved in baking for instance. We get to practise waiting, turn taking and contributing as a team to make something. We also get to learn about measuring and mixing and trying out tastes, some of us thought that the lemon would make it sour but surprisingly no it did not. We watched the sultanas get fat and juicy.
We certainly enjoyed eating our work!!

3 comments:

Breakaway Retreat said...

Yummy apple crumble. Niall you are doing a terrific job making the apple crumble, how about you make us some apple crumble for after dinner tonight?

What do yo like to have with your apple crumble ice cream or milk?

Love Mum, Dad, Liam, and Ceara.

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummi, I think I try to make that recipe at home!
Annelies

Anonymous said...

I remember helping my Mum peel and cut the apples to make apple crumble when I was a little girl. My Nana had an apple tree and we used to collect the apples of the ground. The apples were really sour and I didn't like eating them when they weren't made into a delicious apple crumble. Jordan and Kesia like making apple crumble too. I hope yours tasted delicious...
Tania