Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cats and dogs

We are so lucky at Manaia Kindergarten because so many children have pets. The visits we have had are - pet rabbits, pet guinea pigs, pet dogs and today a pet cat. Niall brought his new cat Tassi to visit and we were amazed how well she coped with so many Kindergarten children. Niall passed her from friend to friend and she purred.

video
Since we have had Beverly's dog to visit a coupld of times, we talked about the things that were the same and the things that were different about cats and dogs. At mat time we discovered they both have 4 legs, 2 ears, a tail, eyes, nose and a mouth that is similar. They also both have fur!! So - what are the differences between cats and dogs?

7 comments:

room08sps said...

cats say meow! dogs say woof! cats can scratch you,if they get angry. AS

Cindy said...

What adorable pets you have! I recently added a second dog to my family. Now I have a big Labrador and a little Rat Terrier! I'll post pictures on our blog soon.

Cindy

Cindy said...

I don't have a cat, but I know my dog can do many tricks. One of my favorite is to balance a dog treat on his nose and make him wait until I clap my hands before he throws it into the air and catches it. I have never seen a cat do that. Also, my dog can fetch balls and other toys. Do cats fetch?

Breakaway Retreat said...

Niall we really enjoyed watching you take great care of Tassi when you took her to Kindergarten. You were also very gentle with her too.

Tassi purrs alot. Do dogs purr?

Love Mum, Dad, Liam and Ceara.

Summer Studies said...

Cats have retractable claws. Dogs' claws are always sticking out.

Treehouse Dwellers said...

Ive definitely noticed that my little puppy does not purr (no matter how hard I try to get him to! :-) He's really good at fetching!! He doesn't seem to wash himself - so I am definitely going to have to put him in a bath this week. Could I put a cat into a bath?

Breakaway Retreat said...

Niall thinks you can put a cat in the bath. Can a cat swim. Niall will tell you the answer to that question at mat time.