Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kindergarten Mosaic



A Special THANKS goes to Justine and Sheelagh for volunteering to come in to Kindergarten one HOT summer's day during the holidays and help with the concrete mosaic. We found it to be trickier than we had anticipated - a great learning curve - and we were really pleased with the results... Come to Kindergarten and check it out the finished playground upgrade for yourselves.

Thanks to Niall, Liam, Ari, Troy, Luka and Liam Charlesworth for their help and enthusiasm about the playground. They checked it all out and thoroughly approved.

Visit www.manaiakindergarten.blogspot.com over the following week as we add to the blog and tell the story of the children's return to Kindergarten and their adventures in the new adventure grounds.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come back to Kindergarten and explore our new area with you all.... I am having fun exploring Riverside Kindergarten and will see you on Friday. Hope you all had fantastic holidays. Catch up soon.
Tania

Breakaway Retreat said...

What a fantastic new play area you have at Manaia Kindergarten. When I was helping Beverly and Justine with the Mosaic I was wishing I was 4 again so I could join Kindergarten and play in the Hut and pump the water down the stream. Is it hard work pumping the water? I bet you all have strong muscles pumping the water.

I was also wondering is there a Troll under the bridge? Can you hear anyone shouting "Who's that trip trapping on MY bridge?"

You are all so lucky to have a hut as well. Do you hide in there during tidy up time?

Niall do you think if I put on your clothes and went to kindergarten instead of you that Tania, Beverly or Dee would notice? Do you think we could try? I would so love to be 4 again and at Manaia Kindergarten.

I'm very excited about your new play area have lots and lots of fun exploring.

Love Mum, Dad, Liam and Ceara.

Greenhithe Kindergarten said...

Your new playground looks so exciting! We hope everyone enjoys using it
Greenhithe Kindergarten

Emma said...

Wow! I can't believe it, what a transformation! Some absolutely fantastic ideas. Let's hope this heralds change and innovation in many childhood playgrounds all over New Zealand! I was recently in Wellington for an Early Childhood Research Conference and, amongst other things, I was reminded that you guys are really leading the way.
Miss you all. Emma.