Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shapes at Manaia Kindergarten

Over the past week we have been working on a project about Shapes. This project was inspired by a movie created by Kindergarten Tales in Chicago, USA. We talked about shapes at mat time and it was amazing where they found shapes they could name. The children took turns with all three cameras at the Kindergarten and found shapes they recognised inside, outside and in their lunchboxes. We put a movie together today to share with our friends in the USA. Here is what Manaia Kindergarten children created with the photos they shot...

8 comments:

Cindy said...

We really liked your shape video. You found lots of interesting things. Shapes are cool!

The AM Kinergarten Class (Mrs. Blakely)

Cindy said...

Your show was awesome! We think it was very cool that the kids took the pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

The PM Class (Mrs. Blakely)

Linda said...

What a great way to record the shapes in the kindergarten environment. Shapes are everywhere. My favourite shape is a triangle. What is your favourite shape?

Manaia kindergarten said...

Thanks Linda. You have inspired us to put up a poll and find out what is the most favourite shape amoung our viewing community.
Beverly

Treehouse Dwellers said...

My favourite shape is a square!. You can do so many things with a square shape. What's yours?

Tarnz said...

I think my favourite shape is a star! What a hard decision to make...

Tracey said...

Shapes ARE great! I really enjoyed all the great shapes you found in your lunhboxes - what a lot of shapes there are at Kindergarten. I have a neat shape book at home I will try to remeber to bring along next time that shows shapes in their environment such as a mushroom being a semi-circle and the spiral on a snails shell.
P.S. I voted for a triangle because I think it is so different from other shapes but I also really love spiral shapes especially on unfurling Punga trees!

pebsandjo said...

I really enjoyed watching the shapes, Mac is convinced a semicircle is the best shape and we have voted for a circle, interesting to see some shapes are no ones favourites it almost made us want to change our minds