Thursday, July 19, 2007

Aimee examines a bumble bee...











"Nana found this bumble bee for me Tania" - Aimee arrived at Kindergarten with a plan to examine her bumble bee under the digital microscope. I helped Aimee to turn on the laptop and away she went. Aimee was able to put the bee under the microscope and focus on many different parts of the bee. I heard Aimee telling other children about her bumble bee and Lilirose came to sit and work with Aimee too. Aimee took photos of her bee and asked - "teach me how to print them". Aimee chose 4 photos to print out and then cut them out and glued them on paper to take home. I was most impressed with the knowledge Aimee showed using the digital microscope, I know Aimee has learnt the necessary skills to use the digital microscope and has the ability to work with other children and share these skills with them. We will have to share your photos with other children Aimee. Perhaps we can put your photos together in a photostory to share on our blog too... I wonder what else we can learn about bumble bees?



2 comments:

studentgirl said...

Wow Aimee, I really enjoyed reading the story about your bumble bee. I enjoyed seeing you with it yesterday too and found it really soft when I patted it. It was a really big one wasn't it? Do you know I have heard something really strange - I heard that bumble bees are not like other bees because they do not sting when they are frightened but they bite. Do you think that is true? I would really like to find out if that is right. Perhaps we could research that information somewhere.

Naketa said...

Wow! Aimee your so brave! I like the maginified image of the buzzy bee...